“Protect Data, Secure Transaction” Mascot Design Contest
Award Presentation Ceremony
The award presenting ceremony was held at the public seminar of Build a Secure Cyberspace 2016 – “Protect Data, Secure Transaction” Security Seminar on 25 November 2016 at the Hong Kong Productivity Council. Mr. Victor Lam, JP, Deputy Government Chief Information Officer; and representatives from the Hong Kong Police Force, Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Education Bureau presented prizes to awardees.
Objective and Theme
The objective of the “Protect Data, Secure Transaction” Mascot Design Contest is to raise the awareness of information security, adoption of security best practices to protect corporate data and personal sensitive information, and appeal to the public to be vigilant when using online services or conducting online transaction and thereby avoid falling into the trap of the criminals. The mascot design aims to arouse the public to protect data and information, and the importance to secure transaction. Examples of protective measures include do not use online banking services or conduct online shopping on public computers or through public Wi-Fi; customer data and personal sensitive information should be stored in encrypted storage and transmitted in encrypted communication channel; do not disclose sensitive or credit card information on social networking sites, etc.
- Open Group
- Secondary School Group
- Primary School Group
There are a champion, a 1st runner-up, a 2nd runner-up and also merit prizes for each group.
"Most Supportive School Award" (three winners) will be awarded to the secondary school and primary school to recognise the active participation.
“Most Popular Award” Public Voting will be held in mid of September 2016. The one with the highest number of votes will be awarded the "Most Popular Award ".
29 July 2016
Fully Supported by
|1st runner-up||Smart Watch (~HK$3,000)|
|2nd runner-up||Smart Band (~HK$1,500)|
|Merit Prize||HK$500 cash coupon|
Secondary School Group / Primary School Group
|Champion||Trophy + HK$1,500 book coupon|
|1st runner-up||Trophy + HK$1,000 book coupon|
|2nd runner-up||Trophy + HK$500 book coupon|
|Merit Prize||Commendation + HK$300 book coupon|
Most Supportive School AwardIn order to raise awareness of information security among teachers and students, "Most Supportive School Award" will be awarded to the secondary school and primary school to recognise the active participation. Each winning school in the respective group will receive a trophy.
Most Popular AwardThe top three winning entries will be posted online for public voting in mid of September 2016. The one with the highest number of votes will be awarded the "Most Popular Award". Winner will receive a souvenir.
|Most Popular Award||Souvenir|
Application and Submission Period
From 20 April 2016 (Wednesday) to 29 July 2016 (Friday)
- 40％ Content and Rendition – Promoting awareness of information security and / or encouraging organisations to adopt the security best practices; modelling and design of mascot is consistent to the Design Introduction.
- 30％ Design and Creativity – Creative concept, originality and the aesthetics.
- 30％ Artistic Presentation – Artistic, drawing technique and other visual effects.
Announcement of Results
The results will be announced in mid of September 2016. Awardees will be notified of the results individually.
“Most Popular Award” Public Voting
“Most Popular Award” Public Voting will be held in mid of September 2016. Details will be announced in September 2016. The result of “Most Popular Award” Public Voting will be announced at the Award-presenting Ceremony.
An award presenting ceremony will be held at the open seminar of “Build a Secure Cyberspace 2016” at the Hong Kong Productivity Council Building on 25 November 2016 (Friday).
Basic Specification of Entries
- The modelling of mascot is not limited. It can be people, animal, robot, super hero, character that is able to communicate with other people, or anthropomorphic object, etc. Creativity and innovation are encouraged.
- Mascot can be a single character or team of characters. If the entry is a team of characters, name of each character, philosophy, personality, or background information should be described in the Design Introduction.
- Design the front view of the Mascot on A4-sized (210mm x 297mm) white paper.
- Mascot must be painted with colour. There is no restriction on the colouring tool.
- There is no restriction on the style and drawing tool. 2D or 3D drawing, hand-drawn, computer-aided design is accepted. If computer-aided design is used, the use of clip art is disallowed.
- Chinese or English text is acceptable if mascot includes text content.
- Name of mascot must be stated on the application form. If the entry is a team of characters, the name of mascot team must be stated.
- Use less than 150 words to describe the design of the mascot.
Rules and Regulations
- Each participant can enrol to only one group and should submit only one entry, additional entry will not be considered.
- All entries must be the participants’ original works that have not won any award in other competitions. If the entries had entered into other competitions, the participants should ensure the ownership of the copyright of the entries concerned does not belong to any organisation. The participants shall assume responsibility for any disputes over copyright. The Organisers / Co-organisers accept no responsibility for such disputes.
- All submitted entries and their brief description will not be returned.
- All entries must not be published previously. They must be the original work of the participant(s) and should not violate any copyright and be free from intellectual property claims. The copyright of all entries under this Contest is vested solely in the Organisers upon submission. Organisers reserve the right to use or modify submitted entries for publicity, publishing in any media, exhibition purposes without the need to notify participants or pay participants copyright fees.
- The Organisers / Co-organisers have the right to demonstrate or advertise in any format on the entries in public exhibitions, at their websites, social networking sites, mobile apps or in their publications. The Organisers have the right to use the entries to produce any items, such as souvenir or calendars, etc.
- The Organiser reserves the right not to use in whole or in part the submitted entries. No dispute shall be raised by the entrants concerned.
- All entries must not contain obscene or indecent content.
- All entries must not contain or refer any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos or promote any brand, product or service.
- The Organisers at all times reserve the full right to disqualify inappropriate entries; or entries that violate the rules of the contest or in the sole opinion of the Organisers infringed intellectual property rights.
- The participants agree to participate in publicity events related to the contest upon invitation by the Organisers.
- Participants are to abide by the decisions of the panel of judges, which shall be final.
- Participants shall abide by the regulations of the contest and other provisions and conditions set out in the application form.
- The Organisers reserve the right to interpret and make changes to the regulations of the contest and other provisions and conditions set out in the application form.
- Participants have the right of access and correction with respect to their personal data as stipulated in Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. The right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of their personal data provided on the application form.
The winning entries of the "Protect Data, Secure Transaction" Mascot Design Contest listed below were posted online for public voting from 12 September 2016 to 2 October 2016. The one with the highest number of votes will be awarded the "Most Popular Award".