“Smart Home, Safe Living” 1-Page Comic Drawing Contest
Objective and Theme
The objective of the “Smart Home, Safe Living” 1-Page Comic Drawing Contest is to raise public awareness of information security and encourage the adoption of security best practices, with a view to enhancing public concern about the security of Internet devices. With 1-page comic drawings, participants can demonstrate through stories the cyber security risks and threats posed to Internet devices (e.g. IP cameras, wireless routers, etc.) and the respective preventive measures to protect the operation of the devices and the privacy of personal data against hackers. Examples of preventive measures include changing the default accounts and passwords of Internet devices, installing the latest software and firmware updates, and disabling unnecessary wireless communication features and services in Internet devices, etc.
- Open Category
- Secondary School Category
- Primary School Category
Each category has a champion, a 1st runner-up, a 2nd runner-up and a merit prize.
"Most Supportive School Award" (three winners) will be awarded to the secondary schools and primary schools to recognise their active participation.
21 July 2017
Fully Supported by
|Champion||Surface Pro 4 (around HK$7,000)|
|1st runner-up||Xbox One Console with Game Bundle and Kinect Sensor (around HK$3,800)|
|2nd runner-up||Xbox One Console with Game Bundle (around HK$2,600)|
|Merit Prize||HK$500 cash coupon|
Secondary School Category / Primary School Category
|Champion||Trophy + HK$1,500 Book Coupon|
|1st runner-up||Trophy + HK$1,000 book coupon|
|2nd runner-up||Trophy + HK$500 book coupon|
|Merit Prize||Certificate of Commendation + HK$ 300 Book Coupon|
Most Supportive School AwardTo promote the awareness of information security to schools and their teachers and students, a “Most Supportive School Award” is available in the Secondary School and Primary School categories respectively to recognise the active participation of schools. Each winning school will receive a trophy.
From 3 April 2017 (Monday) to 21 July 2017 (Friday)
- 40% Content and Rendition - Serving to promote public awareness of information security/encourage the adoption of security best practices; the comic story shall meet the objective of the contest
- 30% Design and Creativity - Creative concept, originality and interest value
- 30% Artistic Presentation - Aesthetic appeal, drawing techniques and visual effects
Announcement of Results
The results decided by the Panel of Judges will be announced in early September 2017. Winners will be notified individually to receive their awards.
Award Presentation Ceremony
An award presentation ceremony will be held at the public seminar of “Build a Secure Cyberspace 2017” campaign at the Hong Kong Productivity Council Building in September 2017.
Basic Specification of Entries
- Participants must draw the comics on a piece of A4-size white paper. To foster creativity and innovation, there is no upper limit on the number of panels for a comic drawing.
- The panels in a comic drawing must be orderly arranged from left to right and from top to bottom.
- If the comic drawing includes any text content, either a Chinese or English text is accepted.
- The comic drawing must be painted in colour. There is no restriction on the painting tools used.
- There is no restriction on the styles and drawing tools adopted. Both hand-drawn or computer-aided designs are acceptable. If a computer-aided design is used, the use of clip art defaulted by computer software is not allowed.
- The name of the comic drawing must be stated in the application form.
- The comic drawing must have a brief description of not more than 150 words to describe its design.
Terms and Conditions
- Each participant can enrol to only one of the categories and should submit only one entry. Additional entries will be rendered void.
- All submitted entries must be the participants’ original works that have not won any award in other competitions. If the entries had entered other competitions, the participants should ensure that the copyright of the entries does not belong to any organisation. The participants shall assume responsibility for any disputes over copyright. The Organisers/Co-organisers accept no responsibility for such disputes.
- All submitted entries and their brief descriptions of the design concepts shall not be returned.
- All submitted entries must be the participants’ original works that have not been published before, and should not infringe any copyright and intellectual property rights. The copyright of all submitted entries is vested solely in the Organisers. Participants shall agree that the Organisers can at any time display, reprint, reproduce, use or modify their entries for any purposes, and that the Organisers are not required to notify the participants and pay them copyright fees.
- Participants shall agree and accept the publishing in any forms and the public display of their entries, and the production of these entries into any items by the Organisers/Co-organisers, e.g. the public display or publishing of the entries in public exhibitions, the websites, social networking sites, mobile applications or publications of the Organisers/Co-organisers; the production of these entries into any items, such as souvenirs or calendars, etc.
- The Organisers reserve the right not to use in whole or in part the submitted entries. No dispute shall be raised by the participants concerned.
- All submitted entries must not contain obscene or indecent content.
- Names, products or services of any companies or entities or any third-party trademarks, logos shall not be contained or referred to in all entries. No entries shall be used for the promotion of any brands, products or services.
- The Organisers have the right not to accept any improper entries or entries not aligning with the theme and specifications of the contest. If there are doubts that the entries have infringed the intellectual property rights of other persons, the Organisers have the right to disqualify them from entering or winning the contest.
- The participants shall participate in publicity events related to the contest upon invitation of the Organisers.
- The contest results decided by the Panel of Judges shall be final. Participants shall abide by the decisions and shall not raise objection.
- Participants shall abide by the regulations of the contest and all other terms and conditions set out in the application form.
- The Organisers reserve the right to interpret and revise the regulations of the contest and all other terms and conditions set out in the application form. Participants shall not raise objection.
- Participants have the right of access and correction with respect to their personal data as stipulated in Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, and have the right to obtain a copy of their personal data provided in the application form.